What is Fashion Revue?
The purpose of 4-H Fashion Revue is to:
- Provide educational activities for youth who are learning and growing in citizenship, leadership and life skills
- Inspire appreciation of clothing, textiles, consumer science, and personal development
- Introduce opportunities to extend youth leadership and communication
- Promote self esteem through individual expression
Fashion Revue Over the Years
Virtual Fashion Revue 2021 was Saturday, April 24!
2021 Entry Categories
Participants in this category will construct garment(s), showcasing sewing skills and the ability to coordinate an outfit.
Consumer Science Purchased-$40 limit
- Participants in this category will shop for an entire outfit with the total cost not to exceed $40.00, including shoes but not sales tax.
The Box Challenge
- Participants in this challenge will sew one or more garments that contain 2 different fabrics that are visible.
- In addition, choose from the following elements that are in your virtual box (which you are responsible for acquiring):
- Zipper, functional
- Buttonholes, at least 2 that are functional
- Pockets, 2, any type
- Collar, waistband, or set-in sleeve
- Gathering or ruffle
- Darts or pleats, 2 or more
- Trim. Examples are, but not limited to: fringe, lace, bias binding, piping, etc.
- Hand made accessory
- Junior members must include at least two (2) in their sewn garment(s).
- Intermediate members must include at least three (3).
- Senior members must include at least four (4).
- The term "vintage" is used to describe clothing between 20 and 100 years old that is also clearly representative of the era in which it was produced
- To be called vintage, the piece should strongly reflect styles and trends associated with that era.
- Cosplay is the practice of dressing to resemble a fictional character from a movie, book, or video game. Cosplay can also depict an original character or a historical character.
- Participants in this challenge will construct a cosplay costume. Start with a photo or drawing of the character that inspired the costume. Use any crafting techniques and any materials to make the costume. Sewing is not required.
HELP OUT WITH OUR SPRING FR SERVICE PROJECT!
For this year's project we will make hand-made cards to be donated to nursing home and/or assisted living residents. We will work with Letters Against Isolation to get our cards into the hands of those that need them.You can visit the website of this grass roots organization here: https://www.lettersagainstisolation.com/
email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info
State 4-H Fashion Revue Is Virtual for 2021